In American/Modern Studies students study world geography, American history, world history, and literature. The program is designed to give students mastery over very concrete and useful information about America and the world and to build each year on the previous year’s work. Students are prepared for two AP exams, United States History and Modern European History. Students also read a variety of books to supplement their knowledge of America and the world.
Grade Levels 6 – 8:
- The Story of the Thirteen Colonies and The Story of the Great Republic (Guerber)
- Exploring and Mapping the World geography and cultures.
Grades Levels 9 – 12:
- A Concise History of the American Republic, Vol I by Morison, Commager, and Leuchtenburg.
- A Concise History of the American Republic, Vol II., AP United States History
- A History of the Modern World Vol I, by Palmer and Colton.
- A History of the Modern World Vol II, Modern European History